cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake O2 Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately there has been a number that has called multiple people, basically daily: '03303035324'. This number has been claiming to be O2 with offering discounts for loyalty or claiming the person has won something. But to continue, the caller says to go through a few questions first for data protection, which many know is shady especially since they are the one who called. It would be best to quickly block this call or ignore it, I hope this helps others to know what is happening, since some might not think twice and will answer those questions which will only cause them major problems in the future. Hopefully this stops soon, if you want to know more about it then just search the number on Google and it will usually take you to pages that tell you about this number and other's who comment about their own experiences with it.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Lots of complaints on google.

One thread here https://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=03303035324

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 32

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Usually when someone claims that he/she is from x company and he/she would like to offer me something, I will be very cautious as usual. I will never reveal passwords, address or etc. to them. Usually banks will not call you unecessary. If they are from a bank, inform them that you will give them a call back instead. 

Message 12 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

update:-

received call yesterday offering me another contract, unlimited minutes unlimited texts plus 500mb data for £26 but he could take £5 off my original monthly tarrif making it £21 ?? so i would still be paying the same on mine. i dclined he asked if i knew any one else who would want this fantastic offer.....i said NO. he then said he could offer me an iphon 7 se a special edition 32gb model....not impressed i said i didnt like iphones rather have samsung.......he then offered me a 8" tablet on a the same cotrct that would work out at only £7 a month extra. i said why would i want an 8" tablet with another bill when i can teher mine to my massive 50gb allowance on my contract. he then politeley siad good day and hung up.

still believe this is the car phone warehouse or partners, but they are saying they are 02, so isnt that fraud??

come on 02 someone is using your good name in vain....sort it out

Message 13 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Very misleading and unethical but not too sure about being fraud legally though it is in my opinion. 

Message 14 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing happened to me this week. Seems to be doing the rounds again.

Message 15 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just phoned O2 Customer Services and they have confirmed that this is a legitimate number and part of O2

Message 16 of 32

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello Guys

As @Anonymous said, this number (03303035324) is actually from one of our partners so it is genuine so It’s safe to accept deals through this if you want too thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 17 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MercedesS wrote:

Hello Guys

As @Anonymous said, this number (03303035324) is actually from one of our partners so it is genuine so It’s safe to accept deals through this if you want too thumbsup

I would never accept a deal from a cold caller. (Whether a trusted partner or not) Many times customers have been put on business contracts and never heard of one who was offered a Refresh deal. If you look at the link I posted there are a number of complaints about calls from this number.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 32

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
"Safe" is a matter of interpretation - which partner exactly is it @MercedesS ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 32

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Some of these trusted partners are anything but and if it's Aerial then no consumer should take a deal from them. We've always advise never to take out a contract from a cold call. 

Message 20 of 32