cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to my CCTV system via the app when on the phone network but can via wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have a Xtralis Adpro NVR and I can connect when I am on a WiFi connection, or if using a phone on a different network, but I cant on O2???

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Maybe the data signal is not strong enough 

Message 2 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 deny it but it seems they block the ports required for cctv systems.
There a few threads on here reaching that conclusion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 30

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All you can do is call customer service and see what they say. As said, it's almost certain that they block the ports. Other than that you will probably need to change network. 

Message 4 of 30

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! 

As they said, we have seen other member talking about it: CCTV blocked. Are you having a similar issue?

Just in case @Martin-O2 will send you a private message to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help out. thumbsup 

Thanks a lot  guys for reporting it to us Heroheart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am coming to the same conclusion frowning2

I will keep trying for now, if I get anywhere I will let you know

Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any help will be appreciated at the moment.

Message 7 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The only other response we can help with is to use a VPN app.
If on Android I can recommend Opera VPN - works nicely and in the background so you don't notice it.
I use the free version as I have limited use, so not sure if there is a paid for version.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
many thanks, will look in to this
Message 9 of 30

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would just issue a word of caution about routing all your data through a free vpn, as you have no control over who can see it or what they can do with it.
All well and good if you just route your cctv through it but not sure how that would be possible on a mobile device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 30