cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox terrible signal at home

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon, I have terrible mobile 3g voice signal at home and wonder if anyone knows if the O2 boostbox is available for consumers as yet? Or if there is an alternative product on the market that will work.

Thanks

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why O2 don't offer a version of the Sure Signal box to consumers.  I get a decent-ish signal indoors but would be interested in one to make sure I have signal all the time.  We have the Sure Signal from my time with Vodafone and never had any problems with it.

Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
A business decision I don't think we as customers will ever be privy to.
Message 22 of 35

grahambute
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just switched to o2 from Three, Three actually gave me a free boost box almost 3 years ago and it works perfectly without a problem. Reason I switched to o2 is that I have a holiday cottage where I do not have broadband and the only mobile signal that works there (in Co. Durham) is o2.
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Glad my 2g suggestion has given you an indoor signal.

iPhone 7 128gb on yearly refresh 20gb tariff with free EU O2 Travel
iPad Air 2 wifi-4g 64gb refresh
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage)"

I live in an end terrace in Peterborough and my signal has been aweful for years. Could never understand why. Everyone else (even my neighbour) had good signals. Signal mast is less than .5 miles away. Put it down to building materials (concrete, steel etc) that can suck the life out of your signal. I was looking into buying a booster box as the TU Go app seemed to drop calls when my bars disappeared. Something I couldn't understand because the app was supposed to help with that issue. Anyway, I want to tell you 'AdamTemp64' that you have solved my issue with this fix. I had no idea. I am quite tech savvy but this was totally unexpected lol. Your my saviour, thanks a zillion. I am using an Android app from the play store so I can now switch speeds when I go out. God bless you mate, fantastic!!

Message 24 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  I will mention @adamtemp64 here so he can read your post. The thread is over 3 years old so it's good to see what worked then was still helpful now ....(2G is always an option if you are struggling) ..

I wonder if you have considered changing networks if you have had these problems for a long time??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous this bit I did here may explain https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-may-help-Explain/td-p/381500

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 26 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

" I will mention @adamtemp64 here so he can read your post. The thread is over 3 years old so it's good to see what worked then was still helpful now ....(2G is always an option if you are struggling) ..

I wonder if you have considered changing networks if you have had these problems for a long time??"

Yes I realise this was an old thread. I just left a comment out of habit. Sometimes people pick these replies up. I had no idea this would fix the issue. I wouldnt of tolerated this issue for so long if I did. Sometimes it's the simplest fixes that get overlooked. Just didn't occur to me switching network settings would solve it. I only found this post when I was reading about boosters.

Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64

Many thanks. My sanity is slowing returning to normal over this frustrating issue. Ive added a small app on my phone so I can switch settings back to 3G/4G quickly when I leave home. Would be nice to find an app to do it for me (yes we live in a lazy world lol) but apparently there isnt one unless you have a rooted phone. Not gonna happen on my glitzy new S7.

Thanks again!

Message 28 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous Just remember that all boosters not supplied by the networks are illegal https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/coverage/mobile-repeaters

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, fully aware now. Was close to ordering a booster because I was so frustrated. Thanks again for this forum and your invaluable info.

Message 30 of 35