cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** BEWARE ** DIGITAL VIRGO AKA TOP STREAMIN SCAM !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HAVE BEEN  charged £4.50 a week by above company ..  just randomly .. somehow they have managed to take 4.50 a week from my 02 acct.. have reported this to O2 ( s africa call centre ) 

hope can 02 allow this  scam ???!! it well documented on the internet see

here

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fr.clicnscores.com

02 what are you doing about this ???

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Community guide here but you need to take action yourself to get it stopped with the company billing you
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

its not O2's fault and not their responsibility.

contact the company directly to ask them to stop billing you and provide a refund

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Redtitbit.. it is .. as i did not click anything ..link or anywise... a text was recieved and bam .. next thing i know £4.50 added to my bill.. so pls explain how that would be my responsibility  ?

btw the company in question  ( as per the link ) does not respond ... surprise surprise !! 

Message 3 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Community guide here but you need to take action yourself to get it stopped with the company billing you
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted by me 

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

These kind of chargeable messages are completely malicious; how these companies get your details is a mystery....its happened to me before.

That said, O2 cannot claim responsibility for a what is essentially a scam. they are only passing on the billing for a service which as far as they are concerned you signed up to.

The first thing to do is reply to one of the messages with the word STOP and that should prevent any more coming through. The company seem to have a contact page, have you tried using it? http://www.digitalvirgo.com/en/contact-en/

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Texting stop will only show them that the number is live & active

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

won't they know that anyway as its generating charges?

either way, best for the OP to make contact with the company

Message 8 of 26

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This company is genuine and provides digital services on a worldwide basis. When requested to stop contacting a number then they will comply.

I agree that some true scammers who mass text numbers look for responses to indicate a live and active number but in this instance it will not apply.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 26

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you had unexpected charges on your bill. Please do take a look at the advice given above and let us know how you get on.

Thanks guys for helping! slight_smile

Message 10 of 26