cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody order the Keplar vr headset with O2 gifts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got mine and is absolutely terrible. There is so much aspherical and chromatic distortion that they are unusable and unfit for purpose. 

It's not possible to get a focused image no matter what. The only part of the lens that you can focus is dead centre. Trying to read text is awful. If you shift the focus you can see the distortion in the lens. 

Also the phone holding mechanism is pants. It only allows for left to right adjustment not up and down, so the display isn't even in the centre. 

These apparently are around £25 to £45, I wouldn't give a fiver for them considering I bought a vr headset for a fiver from home bargains and the quality of the lenses is far far better,  everything is in focus. Also the phone holding mechanism is much better. 

The only thing the Keplar headset had going for it is how comfortable it was to wear,  had headphones and a wide field of view. 

If anyone is considering getting these I wouldn't bother. 

I'm gonna try and send mine back and swap it for another JBL Bluetooth speaker I also got. 

At least the speaker is spot on, cant believe how loud it is for its size and sounds great,  no distortion at all. 

Lasts ages on one charge too. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Your mate has gear vr
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the Samsung 7 edge and this vr headset is still rubbish. You cant get it to focus at all, images are blurred so its totally pointless and only suitable for the bin. We are currently also complaining to o2 to return it but we got sent to bright star and they havent got back to us. So back to o2 again to sort it out. Seriously, don't get them. Total rubbish.
Message 12 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the s7 edge. The keplar vr unit is still pants. No focus at all. Total rubbish not fit for purpose.
Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You're not the only one to say that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Is this one of the free gifts? If so...no wonder it was free.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah, looks like a cheapo.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks peeps...I was going to get the headset after having to return.my Samsung gear with my note 7 back in October. I've just upgraded to an s7 edge as I won't be buying an s8 or note 8 until they have been on the market a few months,not being bitten again! I think all these free gifts on the promotion are a bit lame tbh..I can pick up a new Samsung gear vr on eBay for 40 quid...thanks for the review guys,saved me yet more disappointment. 🖒🖒🖒
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Keplar VR headsets are a load of ******e. No wonder they're given away for free. In fact I'm a little insulted thinking about it that O2 value my custom so poorly.
Can you imagine someone paying you money every month for years so as a way of saying thank you, you decide to give them a free gift, a gift of cheap crap plastic or crapstic? Crap stick headset and crapstic lenses that are so terribly blurry and unfocusable that to try and focus them with the focusing wheel that will never work is surely the ultimate prank by O2?
Anyway that's what celebrity pranksters O2 are doing so if you want to strap a non functioning plastic box to your head to get eye strain and be laughed at by o2 then get yours for free, now! Also Samsung were giving away there own headsets for free with the Galaxy S7 so I'm not sure why O2 aren't offering the same?
Message 20 of 25