cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access voicemail from South Africa?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in South Africa and can't access my voicemail. None of the numbers given on the o2 website work. I have tried ALL of the following: Calling 901, calling 1780 and calling +44 7802 090 100. NONE of these numbers will connect...or if they do I get an automated voice telling me the number I have dialed does not exist! HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Cleoriff - appreciate your efforts in helping me
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice MI5 - appreciate your input
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry we couldn't fix it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Cleoriff - appreciate your efforts in helping me

No problem. Just sorry it didn't help @Anonymous. Nothing more frustrating then being abroad and havng problems with your phone...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Did you setup a 4 digit PIN for your voicemail before going abroad?

Also have you tried a different network in SA, such as MTN or Vodacom, Cell C all of which having roaming agreements with o2?

Also to add if you get an automated response saying the number doesnt exist thats the host network not being able to route the number, not o2, this usually happens to 08 and 03 numbers in none EU countries..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 18

marcofoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently visited Argentina and tried to call my voicemail via both 901 and +447802090100.

The usual automated O2 lady welcomed be to the service and then said "I'm sorry your number is not permitted to use this service".

I have reactived my voicemail via 1750 and reset my pin and tried again to no avail.

How can I set my voicemail up for use abroad? I really do require this service.

Thanks,

Marc

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@marcofoo   Have you followed the advice in this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712#...

There is a section on setting up voicemail when abroad. If on contract it says ...

Pay Monthly

How can I listen to my voicemail when I'm abroad?
Just call 901 as usual. This will work in most countries abroad. Depending on which country you're in, you'll either go straight to your messages or you'll go to your voicemail greeting. If it's your voicemail greeting, press * and enter your PIN.
In countries where this doesn't work, you'll need to call a different number for your voicemail. Usually, this involves you calling your own number, alternatively, call 1780 free from your mobile, or +447802 090 100 once you're abroad. We'll send you a text with the number to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

marcofoo
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I had not tried this.

Next time I am abroad I will need to try calling my own number as I have tried all of the alternativres except this without success.

Message 18 of 18