cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g calling and wifi calling Samsung s8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone confirm if 4g calling or wifi calling is available on the Samsung s8? Considering buying one but looking on o2 website it seems it's not compatible, just find it odd that's it's not as it's such a big flagship phone and the s7 is compatible. Thanks.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It has been enabled on the latest firmware update so as long as you have the latest O2 firmware (not generic) it will work.

See latest updates on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Samsung-s8-Wifi-calling/m-p/1063889#M...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It has been enabled on the latest firmware update so as long as you have the latest O2 firmware (not generic) it will work.

See latest updates on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Samsung-s8-Wifi-calling/m-p/1063889#M...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah you can, its on iphone 6s upwards, and galaxy s7 upwards 

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually don't have it on my. Phone
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to call customer services and get them to add it to your account 

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
I actually don't have it on my. Phone

It can be added in your MyO2 but you will lose Tugo if you already have that enabled.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I have a iPhone so already have it added through my o2. Just fancy a change really but wifi calling is essential for me. I know you can use tugo but don't really like the set up to be honest prefer the built in version. I did call customer services to have it added initial but she said I couldn't have it because I was not in a 4g calling area even tho primarily I wanted wifi calling, couldn't see why she wouldn't just add it for me. Anyways I did it myself in the end and have no issues at all.
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news. You should be all set then slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still didn't see it in my O2 oh well I'm happy to just not use it lol same I don't really use togo either
Message 10 of 18