cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 hours of trying...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been trying for 3 hours to get through on live chat to an advisor. This is following having received a new upgrade 10 days ago and there being an issue with the sim apparently. Phone just kept showing no service on screen.

after speaking on live chat to someone Thurs evening and to no avail, then spoke to a helpful lady sat evening that said it was a sim issue and they would send another. It arrived today and I need to contact them to activate...I cannot ring from the phone and have no landline so live chat is only form of contact but my patience is running on nearly empty and I keep reminding myself that I should have gone to Vodafone! 

Is there an issue with live chat tonight? Or is it just me!? And yes, have logged out, logged in, logged out, made a cup of tea, logged in again and it still says 'we are waiting to see if there is a free advisor'...........Help. . . 10 days without my phone is just not acceptable. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to try & persevere 

Message 2 of 7

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have just tried and it said busy i refreshed page and got onto live chat straight away didnt take me long.

So it is working now Help123 .........

@Anonymous wrote:

Have been trying for 3 hours to get through on live chat to an advisor. This is following having received a new upgrade 10 days ago and there being an issue with the sim apparently. Phone just kept showing no service on screen.

after speaking on live chat to someone Thurs evening and to no avail, then spoke to a helpful lady sat evening that said it was a sim issue and they would send another. It arrived today and I need to contact them to activate...I cannot ring from the phone and have no landline so live chat is only form of contact but my patience is running on nearly empty and I keep reminding myself that I should have gone to Vodafone! 

Is there an issue with live chat tonight? Or is it just me!? And yes, have logged out, logged in, logged out, made a cup of tea, logged in again and it still says 'we are waiting to see if there is a free advisor'...........Help. . . 10 days without my phone is just not acceptable. 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's working fine for me too..
Have you tried a different browser?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Does your old sim fit in your new phone @Anonymous?
If yes, and you just upgraded, then you can use the old sim.
If no, then you need to activate your sim (as the lady advised) which you can do on-line yourself at the following:
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
You will need your old sim in your old phone as you need to receive a code via text.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you getting on with your phone? Did you manage to get service working in the end?

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Been down for me all afternoon here. 2 browsers. It really is a lottery these days.... 

Message 7 of 7