cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07 & 01 numbers NOT included in allowances

Anonymous
Not applicable

So apparently, not all calls to numbers beginning 01 or 07 are included in O2's tariffs. Hidden in the depths of small print it states......

Inclusive minutes cannot be used for calls made

1. to non-standard 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive minutes);
  2. to 07 and 01 numbers in Channel Islands and Isle of Man numbers

So this leads me to a question - if a customer was to dial one of these non-included numbers, would there be any warning to say the call will be chargeable? (I don't have an O2 mobile so cannot test!!)

Its more or less impossible to tell where an 07 number is geographically and unless there is an alert warning of a potential charge, this could catch a lot of people out.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Occasionally people get caught out. Usually the ones who don't read the T&C's but as I don't dial any of those numbers I don't know if you get a message saying it's a chargeable call, but I very much doubt it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12055 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Is there a list of or a standard for the numbers?
For instance they all start 076 or 019?
Would make it easier to identify and warn people about them then...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/other-numbers-and-charges
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

gmarkj
  • 12055 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Blimey, so not a little list.
Interestingly the 01 numbers for Channel Island/Isle of Man are not mentioned on that link.
Also worrying is the fact that the numbers were correct "as of October 2013" - getting on for 4 years old!
@Martin-O2 can you get confirmation that the list is reviewed and updated as necessary? I would be worried that this is no longer fit for purpose, ie other numbers should be on there and some should be removed...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I believe it was reviewed recently and @Marjo had some corrections made?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

gmarkj
  • 12055 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Would be nice if they also updated the "correct as of..." line if that was the case!!

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Indeed, but I don't know if the updated list is what is being shown either.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would just be useful to know if users are warned about potential charges before the call is connected - 99% of users would assume they are inclusive as they begin 01 and 07

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got caught out by this some time ago...ringing an 07 mobile that seemed a UK number, only to subsequently find, when I got my bill, that it was in fact an Isle of Man one.

There is absolutely no way to tell, unless you refer to the very long exclusion list whenever you make a call!

Just wondering, would this still be the case now there is free roaming in Europe.....my guess is it still stands as you are ringing from the UK.

Message 10 of 13