cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 boostbox

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello i got a 02 boostbox on Friday, plugged it in a phoned 02. They activated it and added my phone numbers, told me in 4 hours it should be working!! It's monday and not working!!!! I phoned over the weekend to be told that it takes 5 days to activate.. REALLY?... I've been looking online and found that as I'm using virgin super hub I need to set up port forwarding so I've done that and it's still not working!! HELP
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let everyone know. it's sorted... Wooohoooo. I had to reset my router to factory settings then set up all ports and ipstp and PPTP settings in firewall. Then plug in boostbox and configure this after. I know just about everything there is to know about the settings and how it works now main thing is I got full signal at all times.
Message 11 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I'm glad you have got it working. slight_smile

Where did all this amazing information come from in case anyone else is in trouble?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you kindly send the main points how you managed to set the boostbox. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, please share what you had to do... I've just switched from Sky to BT, Boostbox worked fine without any changes on Sky, but refuses to work so far on BT HH4. I've given it a static IP, placed in DMZ, disabled EUpnP, Disabled firewall(!), set port forwarding for ports 50/123/500/4500 ... is there anything else.. or something more simple I need to do ?

Message 14 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@tall_andy have you informed o2 you have changed providers as they may think it has moved location? Based on IP address range.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 15 of 15