cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Lumia 640, Microsoft upgrade advisor app says I'm eligable for windows 10 update but will not allow me to do it until. It says it will notify me when its available on my network carrier. As an o2 customer when will I be able to upgrade?
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 10 is live i installed on Nokia 930 yesterday and Microsoft 530 using the Upgrade Advisor App from the Windows Store. Nokia 930 went on nice and quick but phone was burning like the sun after !! All in all took about 2 hours. Have to say Windows 10 is a lovely o/s to use i like it alot and only 24 hours in so fingers crossed !! The Microsoft 530 took alot longer to install but works perfect also !! So no complaints from us Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 37

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm glad you like it grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running windows 10 since thursday on my 930, so far ok battery about the same as 8.1, in general looks good just layout on settings are diferent just a matter of getting use to it, so far no major issue`s touch wood.

Message 13 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear its working well @Anonymous and @Anonymous!

@Curr946, do you have it downloaded yet?

Let us know how its performing after a few days guys slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 37

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Toby, I had it downloaded on my 930 way back last year. I upgraded to the 950 in December grin

Still trying to get the 535 out my daughters hand to upgrade it, but shes like, hmmm na lol.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 15 of 37

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Still trying to get the 535 out my daughters hand to upgrade it, but shes like, hmmm na lol.

That's how all of my friends speak to me too, so I can relate wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Lumia 640. Windows 10 upgrade advisor tells me my phone is eligible, and Microsoft and O2 are working together to make it available for my phone. I'd love to hear confirmation that this is being actively worked on and that it will be available soon.
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have windows 10 running on the 530 it`s likely to be a preview build as the 530 is not on the windows 10 upgarde list.

Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your lumia phone is not listed on the update list here`s why,

http://www.windowscentral.com/here-why-lumia-1020-are-not-getting-windows-10-mobile

there`s no batch 2 for other models.

Message 19 of 37

Badgers
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone from O2 actually going to answer the initial question, which was 'when will O2 make Windows 10 Mobile available for phones which MS have indicated it has been released for (eg Lumia 640)?'

Those on Windows Phone 8.1 have had to put up with MS saying next to nothing about its availability, once it missed its deadline last year and now they have eventually released it, there is another wall of silence from O2. Given O2 are presumably supporting it on the 950, and will have had ready access to the many preview versions which MS have released what is the hold up, given it went live almost 2 weeks ago now?

If there is a realistic reason for the delay then why not say so, explain and at least give some indication of when to expect it? I may have missed such a communication but couldn't find anything on the forum, and the Upgrade Advisor continues to simply congratulate me on having a phone which will take W10M, once my network provider makes it available.......

Message 20 of 37