Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Deaf Lumia 735"

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Dont know if anyone out there has experienced the same issue, but I think the Lumia 735(well mine anyway) is a bit deaf.

My old device was a moto G which I have to say is extrmely good for the price. When compared to my new lumia it got coverage in places where the 735 does not. I know there is coverage, as one of the locations is my office where my old Moto G worked fine but the Lumia spends most of its time with no service. There are apparently no network issues and I should be getting "good indoors and outdoors" which was true of my old Moto G. Just need to know if I have a rogue unit or whether or not it is a trait of the 735? in which case it will be winging its way back to O2

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
To prove or disprove you would ideally need another phone to be able to switch sim cards between and compare signal levels.
Some phones may show a lower level of signal than others due to the calibration of the signal meter but it doesn't necessarily mean it's RxLev is any lower in real terms...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

can you try your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination ? To see if it's the phone or SIM card possibly at fault. 

how long have you had the phone as you do have a 14 day return window to have it swapped out as faulty. 

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Looking at your last sentence where you say 'it will be winging its way back to O2' ...I think that's what I would be looking to do if honest.... If you feel it is inferior and not meeting your needs then you need to change it. You say it's new...I hope you still are within the 14 day exchange period? if so you need to swap it out as soon as possible wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Unfortnately outside of its 14 day period. I do know that it is not a network issue as my old device worked fine in all th areas i seem to be getting no service. couldnt really test it over Xmas, which was my 14 days,  as the mast where i live was down for 2 weeks. note.. i have tried the phone at other locations i go to regularly, work etc, so know that what im experiencing is an issue. looks like back to o2 for repair then...

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the fault was clearly there since the begining, and was identified with in the 14 day period, I would expect then to swap it out anyway.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The returns period was extended over Christmas. I got a Note 4 on Christmas Eve and was told that I could return it up until 12th January.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The returns period was extended over Christmas. I got a Note 4 on Christmas Eve and was told that I could return it up until 12th January.

They say that because the note 4 is so brilliant that they know you'll never return it.

If it had been an iPhone they'd never have done it Evil

Message 8 of 8