Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with nokia lumia 520

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my phone is on mute and when i press the volume button to turn back on the numbers go up but the mute button is still there, I rang my phone to see if the volume was on and it did not ring but said the other caller has hung up, any advice please? Joules

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You would of had to manually switch it off somewhere.
Can't remember if there is a switch on notification bar on the 520, but I don't think so?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Are you pressing the volume button from the home screen, because if not you will just be increasing app volume?
Also try restarting the phone which clears a few glitches.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I am pressing the button with the home screen I think? is that the one wiht the phone, email, camera, alarm etc?  have turned off the phone taken out the battery and still doing it, tried to phone my phone again from my landline and it says the other person has hung up and my nokia does not ring!  really confused!!

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Actually sounds like it might be a signal issue.
Are you getting any calls at all, in or out, texts etc....?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes getting text messages okay, its the mute button that usually goes when I press the top button at the side (volume button) is that correct or have I inadvertently done something?

Message 5 of 14

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My friend just phoned me and it came through okay but the volume is not on and i cannot seem to get it back?.am I doing something or have I done something I wonder? many thanks

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just quickly go to settings >ringtones + sound and check what ringtone you have set.
Try choosing another one for now to test.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi just gone in and it says ringer Off turned it to On and now the ringer works when the phone is called and the mute button has gone when I press the volume button at the side, how could I have turned off the bell? any ideas?  should I not use the side button volume to turn volume off or up and down?

many thanks joules

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes normally you can just use volume control but the setting switch you found is a master over ride.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So would I have had to go into ringtones and turn it off? really cannot remember doing that! or does it override on its own? 

Message 10 of 14