cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo messaging/texts on Nokia Lumia 520?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone help me with this really simple question as I am a right wally with phones and the likes!

I have been sending photos by pressing "share" when I'm on the relevant photo and then sending it to the recipient. I have now found out this is MMS picture messaging and it's not included in my contract so I get charged for these.

How therefore do I send a text message with a picture attached and not get charged for it like I used to be able to with my old Nokia?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is a good chance that you were charged previously but old tariffs had some mms included or came out of allowance. O2 have now stopped this and allow you to buy a bolt on separately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't you would be better off sending pictures by email or using what's app or similar or you can add a mms bolt on to your account at a charge of £5.11 a month for 50 mms
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned by damien1, whatsapp or similar apps will save you MMS charges but the person you're sending the pic/video to, also has to have whatsapp/other app installed on their phone(s)

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is a good chance that you were charged previously but old tariffs had some mms included or came out of allowance. O2 have now stopped this and allow you to buy a bolt on separately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks all. I think that's it - O2 used to include picture messaging and that must have been in my old contract. Oh well, at least I know now. Cheers.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad you know now are you going to go for the bolt on just wondering ?
Message 6 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I was so used to the 20 MMS I got every month, that it was a shock when I got a 29p charge for one I done last week. Hmmm...won't be doing that again so willy nilly. I rarely use MMS as it is.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 7