Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: new Nokia Lumias

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes! Sounds like you have different experience of iPhone reliability than most (although to be fair the 3G/3GS was a step backwards. They dropped the physical quality to be able to hit the mass market better. 

Is that the iphone 4 with a rubber band and sticky tape to fix the antenna issue? Smiley Wink

Anonymous

No fieldeffect, I think you have a different view on the iPhone reliability than most. I accept that for most people the iPhone represents a cool gadget that does the majority of what they want out of a smartphone, and more, but we are talking about problems that have have beset every model that Apple have ever brought out.

The iPhone 4 had worse aerial and reception problems than the 3GS and the issues with the screen and battery remain.  Most people who purchased the iPhone seem to be immune from the problems, yourself included, even if they spend the majority of their time getting the phone repaired at the Genius Bar in their local Apple store. (I know, ive seen them while waiting for mine to be repaired)

As for your comment about meeting half way with the 920, I do hope so! But that is a long way off for O2 customers, which will give Microsoft some time to get a few service packs out to iron out the problems.

Having looked over some more reviews of the 808, it is looking like the extra Belle update has been a success and made it a very usable phone, and the only other phone in the running is the Sony Xperia, which has a comparable camera to the N8, but I am not sure I could add another device to my Sony graveyard, so I am swinging towards the 808.

Anonymous

mk - pretty sure o2 will have the 920 in November.

sheepdog - As it was conclusively established at the time, you were holding it wrong Smiley Happy

As I recall, the only group of people who weren't furious about antennagate were iPhone 4 owners Smiley Happy I definitely had lots of friends who appeared to want to be angry on my behalf.
Anonymous

Doesn't this look like a new lumia? http://www.o2.co.uk/comingsoon 'on the horizon' 3rd phone from the left?

Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

I thought that yesterday but alas, its the HTC versions of Win8. On a plus, o2 seem to be stocking more WP8 phones from HTC so they seem to be keen on the long term success. We'll have to wait for another week or so for the launch of Win8 before getting a choice.
Level 1: Joiner

[ Edited ]

Looks like O2 will be getting the Lumia 820...

A Lumia 820 dummy display unit has been spotted at an O2 UK store. the Windows Phone hasn't yet been announced by the carrier, but we've been previously informed that the Lumia 920 will be stocked in due course. While this is by no means official confirmation, there's little reason for O2 to actually have a dummy unit in-store if they weren't at least planning on selling one."

Source: WP Central (http://www.wpcentral.com/dummy-lumia-820-display-unit-spotted-o2-uk-store)

Excellent news! I'd much prefer the 920, but if they dont have it (considering EE supposedly have an exclusive on it) the 820 wil do.

Anonymous

Thanks for chipping in and sharing that, Salem Smiley Happy