cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my blackberry curve 9300

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi im new to this forum and need some help with my blackberry:smileysad:

Ive had my blackberry now for 3-4 years and i normally can fix most problems but this one has baffled me ????Smiley Mad

It was working perfectly ok all afternoon yesterday and no today its being a right pain in the proverbal open_mouth

It wont send or recieve texts calls or bbm and currently says no network coverage when clearly from my other phone i have there is ?? It connects the router fine and i can browse online but unfortunately thats about it at the monent.

Ive tried taking the sim out several times the battery aswell and turning it on off holding it up int the air shouting at it lol but nope the lil blighter is having none of it:(

Please if anyone could help i would appreciate it slight_smile

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of signal is your phone searching for? You should be able to set it to search for "3G only", "3G/2G" or "2G only".

What type of signal is the other phone showing? GPRS or 3G?

If the phone is set to look for a 3G signal only and the 3G signal where you are just now is down then you would recieve the No Network Connection error. What happens if you switch to a 2G only signal?

If you're not sure how to do this, do the following:

1. Find the Options icon under the "All" window and select it
  2. In the Options menu, scroll down and select "Network and Connections"
  3. Select "Mobile Networks"
  4. Scroll down until you see "Network Mode" and the drop down menu beside it. Try changing this option so that it says "2G" only.
  5. Now just backup and save any settings...and then see if you now get a signal.

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone to ensure that it isnt the SIM thats at fault?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions
Sounds like your SIM may have failed. Call CS or go into an O2 shop and pick up a new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of signal is your phone searching for? You should be able to set it to search for "3G only", "3G/2G" or "2G only".

What type of signal is the other phone showing? GPRS or 3G?

If the phone is set to look for a 3G signal only and the 3G signal where you are just now is down then you would recieve the No Network Connection error. What happens if you switch to a 2G only signal?

If you're not sure how to do this, do the following:

1. Find the Options icon under the "All" window and select it
  2. In the Options menu, scroll down and select "Network and Connections"
  3. Select "Mobile Networks"
  4. Scroll down until you see "Network Mode" and the drop down menu beside it. Try changing this option so that it says "2G" only.
  5. Now just backup and save any settings...and then see if you now get a signal.

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone to ensure that it isnt the SIM thats at fault?

Message 3 of 3