cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lumia and the internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

So recently, yesterday morning to be exact, i get a popup message about some offer O2 was making me about 3G/2G internet free 50Mb or something. I wish i had paid more attention to this, but as i use my homes Wifi and works Wifi all the time I paid little attention to something I didn't use. However if we now add to the mix I cannot connect to my Wifi anymore, it's started using this H+ feature exclusivly... which is costing me money.

Naturally at first I assumed the wifi was screwing up on me, so I tried the normal methods of getting it back, reseting the phone, restarting the wifi etc. but all it gives me is "cant connect to wifi network."

So you see the timing of this offer and the sudden failure of my phone to be able to connect to my wifi has made me very suspicious, so if someone can give me a setting or something to do that will sort this **** out i would apreciate it.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Completely coincidental
Go into the wifi settings and delete the connection, then re connect

See also if there is a setting to automatically switch to mobile data and turn it off.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Completely coincidental
Go into the wifi settings and delete the connection, then re connect

See also if there is a setting to automatically switch to mobile data and turn it off.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm yes i was in the middle of trying that when i decided to post this to explore other avenues.... but 8am is not awake time for my housemates...

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i dont have the wifi password*

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As @viridis says, select forget network and then reset by entering the password again. I'm presuming this is only your home wifi?

Message 5 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Is the password not on the router?
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

As i said i wish i had been paying more attention yesterday when it started, then i would have more data to analyse the issue. When the normal avenues of getting my wifi back up didnt work I became concerned.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

no they changed it to something i have since forgotten

Message 8 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Only way is to find out what the password is I'm afraid.
Give them a kick and tell them Lord viridis and his steed of rainbow unicorn has flew over the nest of fortitude to find the password for the wifi.
Their brain won't handle it and they'll wake up.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given I can connect to works WiFi, my home WiFi is the problem here, thanks for the clarification.
Message 10 of 11