cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extremely high data usage on my blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable

for the last 12 months i have been in contact with 02 about my high data usage and just keep getting fobbed off, i have my 02 data turned off aprt from 4 hours a day, when i only use it on and off for whatsapp and facebook, so not continuos, the rest of the time i use wifi, i also have automatic updates turned off , yet they still say my data usage is highest at midnight, which i believe is the update time ... my data which i never ran out of before now lasts me an average of 10 days !!!! , is anyone had the same problem ? did anyone get it sorted? or are 02 just allowed to keep ripping us off like this??

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Is video auto load disabled on the Facebook app?
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, this has been going on so long everything possible is turned off :

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
How much data is on your allowance and which BB phone have you got?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

There must be something causeing this data use.

check your emails, specifically your outbox to make sure there is nothing stuck. You may have an email there which is constantly trying to resend whenever data is turned on.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a q5 and 500 mb? 

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont send emails .. ever .. dont even read my inbox 

Message 7 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

I'm not familiar enough to advise on those versions of BB but I suggest you download (or check any in built) data counters to see what is using your data.

@Anonymous and @aldaweb are 2 of our BB experts who will be able to advise further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,if you follow this path it will give you detail usage for every single app and ordered from the highest user to the lowest. 

System settings >app manager > device monitor > at the bottom swap from monitor to mobile data and voila !

Hope this helps! slight_smile 

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I've done this and it shows that it's the system? That has the highest usage, it seems as if it's working even tho I have my 02 data turned off, how do I stop this?
Message 10 of 17