cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blackberry id/username problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Yesterday I changed the password on the email account which is linked to my blackberry (Curve). I tried to change this on my phone but when I was asked to log in using my BB id, I got a message saying: Blank user name. Type of valid user name.

I checked my BB id on my phone and the username it gives me is my email address, which is what I typed in at the log in page. I logged in the blackberry website using my email as my username without any problems. I've also changed the password on my email before without any problems.  I tried looking on the BB website for help but its a bit useless.

Is there anything I can do to get my email working on my phone again? I saw something about a security wipe but I don't even know what that is and it sounds drastic!

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks

Marina 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Marina,

You should go to Email Setup on the phone and change the password here. When you change passwords, blackberries don't like it!

If you can't get it working again, perhaps give Customer Services a call and they can check the blackebrry email system to see what exactly the problem is?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Marina,

You should go to Email Setup on the phone and change the password here. When you change passwords, blackberries don't like it!

If you can't get it working again, perhaps give Customer Services a call and they can check the blackebrry email system to see what exactly the problem is?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tried to change it on my phone but the phone doesn't recognise my blackberry id so I can't get past the log in page!  Its so irritating! And I know its the correct log in details because I can log in to blackberry from my desktop pc just fine. I've contacted O2 support and they reckon its the sim so are sending me a new one. Honestly, I'm not convinced but I'm no technical expert and I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. I just don't understand how changing my email password (to be security safety conscious!) can cause such a problem! I'll have to wait a few days for the new sim so I'm still open to any other suggestions on how I might fix this in the meantime.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I know I can't see your specific accouunt but 'm willing to bet that the issue has nothing to do with your sim card.

Have you tried the steps listed here:

If you have then let me know and I'll tell you what to do next.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep - tried a whole bunch of those KB things. The problem is that I can't get past the blackberry log in page on my phone in order to change any of the log in info.  I can do any of this if I log into the blackberry website from a pc just not from my phone.  I can't even uninstall the email from my phone and start again because I have to log in to be able to do it and I can't! I could maybe remove the email and start again if I do it from the blackberry website via a pc, but I'm not technologically savvy enough to be able to do it properly and I don't want to risk completing screwing up my phone.  I tried some kind of email activation thing and IMAP validated but POP and SMTP didn't. I have no idea what any of this means. 😞

Message 6 of 6