cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF823 Mobile Dongle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Huawei 3G dongle that used to connect automatically and work when attached to my Android Tablet.

My new 4G ZTE MF823 refuses. It appears to connect and the green light flashes to tell me it;s connected to 4G but the tablet will not access the internet. The Android version is 4.2.2 and I wonder if this version has not caught up to the4G world yet. I can connect via my Wifi at home on my cable service but I really need access to mobile internet on the tablet.

Is there an app I can download to my tablet that will allow the dongle to connect properly?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Are you connecting the dongle via usb? Have you got the correct drivers etc?

I don't think the USB device is supposed to work with Android - I'd recommend getting a mobile wifi device instead.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Download ppp widget from the play store and set it up using that.
Some devices won't work without a 3rd party app, this could be one of them.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
4.42 works OK with 4g so it's not that.
Is this a mifi device?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The tablet: Irulu Model AX1070

The dongle is a 4G dongle supplied by O2. ZTE MF823 (has the LED indicator in hte shape of a flower on the front).

As I said, my old O2 3G dongle used to plug in and work straight away. My new dongle appears to connect since the LED flashes to say it's connected but doesn't give me internet on my tablet.

What makes it annoying is that I wanted the dongle specifically for the tablet because I have a kindle app on it so I can download books to read during my long and boring night shifts.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but what are you plugging the dongle into and how?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6