Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Microsoft have abandoned the project.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/07/11/windows-phone-support-ends/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou
Message 3 of 17

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Thats not quite true, that article related to Windows Phone 8.1. Windows phone 10 is still around although MS are not currently making any further devices.

There is still the ongoing rumours for the surface phone however they are just that...
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
WP10 is still around but no longer in manufacture.
MS have said there will not be anymore windows phones.
The new Nokia's are even running Android now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sad frowning2

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Me too actually.
OK, so the app store never really made the grade for social purposes but as a work tool, esp if you have a Win 10 laptop, there's nothing that comes close.
I'm definitely holding on to mine now and I can see prices of the last flagship phones increasing in value too.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Me too actually.
OK, so the app store never really made the grade for social purposes but as a work tool, esp if you have a Win 10 laptop, there's nothing that comes close.
I'm definitely holding on to mine now and I can see prices of the last flagship phones increasing in value too.

I have a Win 10 laptop yahoo ... (I took encouraging words from you @MI5 att to download for free Win 10 when all around me were telling me Nooooo it's a load of bother) 

The Microsoft / Windows phone is perfect for me ... maybe because I don't bother with music, vids & games on the phone

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Music is well catered for (or else I wouldn't survive) but it's what I call "the kids stuff" that is lacking.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Music is well catered for (or else I wouldn't survive) but it's what I call "the kids stuff" that is lacking.

Thank you @MI5 rose

I fear I'm a bit of an oddity re: music ... I have much to play in the house but don't ... & ... don't need music in my ears when out ambling around or having a drink / coffee at pubs / cafes

It could just be I can't 'multi-task' anymore for want of a better word ... I like peace & quiet as I've got older Cat

Message 10 of 17