Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update - All the info right here!

Chris- k you say check manually i have been checking manually all the time. I have tried at work on WiFi and at home on WiFi and at home without WiFi i have a very good internet virgin media connection. I am on lumia black . Do you have any suggestions .l have had this phone about 3 months and purchased it coming from an iphone due to the 8.1 update but this is doing my head in.i am on o2 pay as you go. Have you got any suggestions what i can do
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:
Chris- k you say check manually i have been checking manually all the time. I have tried at work on WiFi and at home on WiFi and at home without WiFi i have a very good internet virgin media connection. I am on lumia black . Do you have any suggestions .l have had this phone about 3 months and purchased it coming from an iphone due to the 8.1 update but this is doing my head in.i am on o2 pay as you go. Have you got any suggestions what i can do

Is it an O2 handset that was purchased from O2 directly via store/online/phone, or somewhere like CPW or other retailer?

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes Chris it was purchased from a o2 city center store it is on o2 pay as you go account
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes Chris it was purchased from a o2 city center store it is on o2 pay as you go account

The 625 was one of the first Lumias to get the update and it wasn't affected by the short delay that most of the other devices had - I'll be honest, I'm confused why the update isn't available to you as it should be.

Unless any of our community members here have alternative ideas or suggestions, it might be worth doing a backup, factory reset, then checking for updates again.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Chris_K,
Could you please help me?
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 which I got on contract from yourselves.
I updated to 8.1 via the Preview for developers option and all is ok, but I have 2 questions?
Will I ever be able to update to the 'Cyan' update without rolling back to Windows phone 8.0 first? And secondly, will VVM be available to me as I updated to 8.1 using the Preview for developers option?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers chris_k I took the plunge backed up my phone did a factory reset then manually checked for update and just over 1 hr later my phone is running 8.1 for anyone struggling to get the update give it a go very straight forward
Highlighted
Level 6: Acolyte

Have to agree with @Anonymous done a downgrade back to wp8 then checked for the update mine took just over a hour but again all went smoothly now running cyan and official 8.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

>Will I ever be able to update to the 'Cyan' update without rolling back to Windows phone 8.0 first?<

In theory, yes. Once Microsoft have figured out how to get people with an encrypted phone (bitlocker) running 8.1 Preview upgraded to Cyan/8.1. It's been a fair few weeks now that the rollout to folks running Black/8.1 Preview has been 'on hold' due to this issue. I took the pain of rolling back my 925 to 8.0 a month or so back, got Cyan/8.1 over-the-air and am now on 8.1 Update 1 dev.preview.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Can anyone assist....

My Lumia 620 wasn't picking up Cyan despite checking manually many times, so in the end tried phone reset to try and provoke it to do so. Still nothing.....

Seems like the o2 network has lost my phone?

Highlighted
Anonymous

GT did you do a hard reset back to factory settings I did that last night and within 1 hr I was using 8.1 after manually checking for updates 8.1 was there I had been checking manually for the past 2 months so hard reset does work good luck