Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Topics: 34
Kudos: 55
Solutions: 3

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update - All the info right here!

Excellent news Smiley Happy 

One a side note, as i own a Mac and can't get Nokia Recovery Tool on it, if i brought my 1520 into store can you downgrade it from DP8.1 to 8? pleasssee Smiley Happy 

OnePlus 3 (7.0)

Macbook Pro Retina
Apple TV 3rd Gen
iPad Air
PS4, PS3, PSVita (liam-ward)
Many more little gadgets and toys

Nokia Lumia 635 Review
Xperia Ultra Z Review
iPhone 6 Plus from Lumia 1520 compariview
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi

I'm not 100% sure a guru would do that for you , but it can't harm to asked. I'd ring through to your most local O2 store if your not confident in trying thus yourself.
Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 12,999

@L_W_Ward wrote:

One a side note, as i own a Mac and can't get Nokia Recovery Tool on it, if i brought my 1520 into store can you downgrade it from DP8.1 to 8? pleasssee Smiley Happy 

You will likely have more luck at a generic mobile repair shop. I doubt O2 would condone this work tbh....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I love the WP platform but the most important feature that o2 needs to give to its WP users is Tugo or Wifi voice/text but yet again as a footnote to the MS/Nokia update we are told o2 are "working tirelessly" to bring it out but still cannot give a timescale meaning those who do not live within a few miles of a city centre are unable to use the phone for its most basic function. 

I'm told o2 are spending £1.5 million a day on their network. Perhaps put aside a few thousand for some code writers instead as well?

Highlighted
Anonymous

What about SIM free devices on O2, will those devices get the ability to use visual voicemail?

Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 12,999

Not if the feature is relying on the O2 version of the firmware...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the update! It's nice to see one of the providers in the UK giving Windows Phone and their users the time they deserve instead of treating them like "they're not iphone or android, why do we care?".

Just one question, when you say Cortana's due in Q4, do you mean in a calendar or fiscal year?

Highlighted
Former Staff

@Anonymous wrote:

Just one question, when you say Cortana's due in Q4, do you mean in a calendar or fiscal year?

Hi Ben,

This applies to the calendar year Smiley Happy

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

[ Edited ]

L_W_Ward wrote:

I'm afraid it's not something I could confirm, but as we don't support beta or DP updates it's unlikely any of the store gurus would be able to do this for you just in case any unforeseen issues arise from it. I understand it's maybe not the answer you were hoping - sorry about that.

chris1963 wrote:

I love the WP platform but the most important feature that o2 needs to give to its WP users is Tugo or Wifi voice/text but yet again as a footnote to the MS/Nokia update we are told o2 are "working tirelessly" to bring it out but still cannot give a timescale meaning those who do not live within a few miles of a city centre are unable to use the phone for its most basic function. 

I'm told o2 are spending £1.5 million a day on their network. Perhaps put aside a few thousand for some code writers instead as well?

Hi Chris, this thread was all about the 8.1 update and to furnish WP users with the info they've been waiting and asking for, but I wanted to make sure our O2 Apps got a mention as it's also something our WP customers have asked about. As we have a dedicated O2 Apps forum, I didn't want to detract from the main topic too much - sorry if you hoped for more info.

We have a great team of developers and we launched TU Go on Android & iPhone to cover a large part of the smartphone market from the start. We realise theres demand for TU Go and others on the WP platform and we've been hard at work bringing this to you, but TU Go is a very complex app that integrates fully with our core network and as such it requires a lot of testing & development to ensure it runs smoothly. I appreciate the lack of WP TU Go is frustrating but our devs are flat out getting it ready for prime time... Stay tuned, we'll keep everyone updated.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

[ Edited ]

Terminus wrote:

What about SIM free devices on O2, will those devices get the ability to use visual voicemail?

I'm afraid not. For the new VVM feature to work, your Lumia handset needs to be running an O2 WP 8.1 build and have an O2 Pay Monthly SIM. Though we would not condone it, nor would be able to officially support it if any issues arise, in theory if you could get one of our builds installed (and be using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM), then the feature should work. This is just for your own info and I'd like to highlight that it could void your handset warranty and could cause issues.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.