cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lumia650 with windows 10. Great phone although I do, on occasions, get frustrated with the touchscreen mentality of the device.

It has been recently announced that support has been stopped for phones using Windows 8 and the computer community, as a whole, is convinced that Windows 10 phones will suffer the same demise, especially as those sitting on the top table of Microsoft (Bill Gates & Co) use Android!!

What is my legal position regarding the monthly payments I make to buy it when, as time marches on, it will become redundant as I am, sure O2 are fully aware of. Can I swap the phone for another or do I sue them for breach of contract.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You won’t be able to swap the phone unless your in the 14 day cooling off period. You will have to pay off your device plan or contract in full. They haven’t actually breached contract as nothing has happened Bar rumours you have read

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Not sure where you heard that about Win 10 phones? This article was published 11 hrs ago and it looks very positive https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You won’t be able to swap the phone unless your in the 14 day cooling off period. You will have to pay off your device plan or contract in full. They haven’t actually breached contract as nothing has happened Bar rumours you have read

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Windows 10 will be supported long after your device has failed to be of any use to you for other reasons.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4