cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Upgrade for Lumia 640

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone confirm if/when Windows 10 update will be rolled out?

Vodaphone UK have started process already.

I bought the 640 on the basis it would be in first batch of upgrades

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

Not a lot to share I'm afraid - based on our talks with Microsoft last year we were hoping for updates towards the end of 2015 but as the Windows 10 software has been evolving, Microsoft are making sure it's as good an update as it can be - we all know how powerful and functional the update will be, so we're sure the wait will be completely worth it and mean you get a better product in the end.

With more recent talks, we're hoping to see Microsoft begin pushing their updates out during this quarter (Q1) but don't yet have anything more accurate than that. We'll keep you posted if anything changes or as more news is known.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Not sure... I will mention @Chris_K in this post and he will update us..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
MS have said Feb, I think?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
MS have said Feb, I think?

Just wasn't sure if O2 would be rolling it out to their customers then @MI5?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They will want to test it first - usually a 2 week turnaround according to what Chris has said in the past.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Latest dates point to the end of Feb, given they are still issuing patches / updates to the L950/XL I would say the end of Feb is probably quite accurate.

From the information I can find it isn't quite clear if Vodafone have started the upgrade process or not, there is a rumour of a handful of users receiving it. They could be employees of beta users, etc.
Message 6 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

Not a lot to share I'm afraid - based on our talks with Microsoft last year we were hoping for updates towards the end of 2015 but as the Windows 10 software has been evolving, Microsoft are making sure it's as good an update as it can be - we all know how powerful and functional the update will be, so we're sure the wait will be completely worth it and mean you get a better product in the end.

With more recent talks, we're hoping to see Microsoft begin pushing their updates out during this quarter (Q1) but don't yet have anything more accurate than that. We'll keep you posted if anything changes or as more news is known.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Anyone can get it now with the windows insider programme, which will be why other users have it, but until MS go public you could still get loads of bugs.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update though @Chris_K...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11