cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 (Insider Program) Next Build Available tomorrow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's taking the plunge, the latest update includes an increased number of Windows Lumia devices, except the 930 which has a well documented issue.

See the link below for compatible models, remember you need to be on the insider program to receive the update.

http://www.windowscentral.com/next-build-windows-10-phone-due-friday

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Yes going to try it on my old 520 tonight to see how good or bad it is
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged into the Insider App and started a download. 1st installed Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2, initially disapointed as the upgrade seemed to lave the phone on Windows 8.1. Re-ran the Insider App and another download started. This took a long time to both download and install. While I was waiting, I was reading the Windows Central posts. There were several phone's reported as dead, following the upgrade. However I left the phone running and the upgrade completed. I must say some of the feature's in the Beta are showing promise already, tested the basics, text, calls ran up several apps and all seems good. The Beta can be removed via the Lumia Recovery Tool downloadable from Windows. I will continue with the Beta software and will update on any issues I notice. Lots of people warning not to use Windows 10 as your main handset. There will obviously be Apps that will not run due to compatibility issues but so far I have not noticed any.  

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried it on my old Nokia 1020 64gb, performance wise it isn't quite there yet but thats to be expected with builds like this.  Surprisingly likeable ui though although it's lost the original feel of wp. 

Looks like a mismash of ios and some android thrown in for a good mix.  Always liked wp so will continue with the builds and see where it goes.

Hoping for a 1020 replacement running w10 later in the year which would be good but ms do need a flagship to stay relevant especially with niche devices like the 1020.  Won't be giving up my Note 4 or CM1 just yet.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

installed on my old 920 took a while to find where everything was but getting into it now! only issue is speech which is a glitch on the 920 but i'm sure they'll sort it soon!!! but apart from that i'm likeing it so far not had any freeze's etc. one thing i have noticed is the alarm is a hell of a lot louder.

Message 5 of 5