Watch esim

Stubaru1973
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have purchased a Samsung watch from argos 

It's a cellular version 

Because I did not purchase phone from o2 directly they are refusing to let me use the watch with my plan

Surely this is unfair

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@Stubaru1973 

Out of curiosity are you trying to buy the data plan that you need in order to use the watch or are you trying to use your current plan with the watch?

You need to purchase the watch add on plan... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Stubaru1973 wrote:

Was in another store today and they said the same

Cannot do it itnwatch not purchased from o2

Hi there @Stubaru1973. I'm concerned that you've had issues within multiple stores about this problem so I'm beginning to wonder if there's maybe another issue somewhere. I hoped to ask some Q's to help narrow things down a bit.

1) Looking on the Argos website, I cannot see any connected/4G versions of any of the Galaxy Watches being sold - only the Bluetooth versions. Can you confirm exactly what model you purchased?

2) What phone are you using

3) You mentioned you didn't get your phone directly from O2 - where did you get it, and is your phone connection with O2, or another network?

@MI5 wrote:

@Chris_K 

Is this a policy change or just poorly trained store staff?

We've not many any changes to the way connections are set up for these 'connected' watches. Our stores will be used to setting up watch connections so the fact this member has had issues across multiple stores means I'm inclined to think there may be something else at play potentially, but not sure exactly what yet.

If this is indeed a store issue however, we can look at communicating to them to reiterate processes etc.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 12 of 12