cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail 950/XL Windows 10 Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will VVM be supported on the Windows 10 Mobile OS aswell as the new 950/XL devices. I know it was only on O2 Software wiith 8.1 but as i understand the handling of the OS is solely done by Microsoft.

What i want to know is if i get an Unlocked 950 from Microsoft directly will i be able to get VVM?

Thanks

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

We can confirm that VVM is working fine on the Lumia 950. Remember that for VVM to work, the handset needs to be an O2 variant and have come directly from O2 and be using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM – as has always been the case for VVM on Lumia.

We expect all previous Lumias (O2 variants) that will get the Windows 10 update will also work fine for VVM but we’ll keep you posted on this when we have more details to share.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
One for @Chris_K to find out I'm assuming as it will be firmware dependant
Message 2 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As you have already said, it's only o2 firmware that gets VVM, so, with no o2 variant of that phone, no.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 45

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Or one for @MI5 it seems....lol
Message 4 of 45

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only way VVM is gonna be available on the 950 is if it's available to anyone on any network, ie baked into the OS, but even then it would require the network to support it and if o2 ain't stocking the phone (wrong decision imho) they'd have no reason to.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

As i meant in my original post, Microsoft will control the software updates, my guess is that we will not see any carrier branded software like in 8.1.

Message 6 of 45

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If that is the case it will be down to MS to bake it in to the firmware, but networks will still have to enable it.
It's back to @Chris_K to answer for o2 but my money is on a "no".

Currently using:
Message 7 of 45

xma1e_
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd also like to know if Tu Go works on sim free phones brought elsewhere?

Message 8 of 45

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@xma1e_ wrote:

I'd also like to know if Tu Go works on sim free phones brought elsewhere?

Yes it will as long as you have a pay monthly or business contract sim in the phone.

Actually it doesn't need to be in the phone but initially you will to receive the registration text.

Message 9 of 45

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I always buy sim free phones and tugo works great for me on android devices.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 45