Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

BradleyMullen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Two years ago I had a contract bought from the carphone warehouse but with o2. my contract is up so i want to keep the phone but use a different sim card with another provider. When I put my new sim card in my phone said this sim is not supported. I phoned 02 and they told me that they forgot to tell me before giving me a pac code that my phone is locked to 02.

I now have no sim card as the number has ported to another carrier. They told me on the phone it would take 72 hours to unlock my phone. I reiceved an email telling me  my phone was unlocked but when I tried it, it was still not supported. It turned out they unlcoked the wrong phone as I had to have a replacement phone during my contract. But no one ever checked this details with me. 

I was then passed around different companies before back at 02. They then said they would unlcok the current phone I have after realising what they had done. Then after more than 72 hours I still had heard nothing so I rang 02 and the lady on the phone said she would sort in the next 24 hours. Nothing happend again so i phoned and the man said it's nothing to do with us call carphone warehouse. 

I went in to carphone warehosue store who said they have never unlcoked or locked phones as they do not have the equipment. I went in to 02 store and the they put me through to customer service who were still blaiming car phone warehouse. I went to carphone warehouse again and made them speak to customer service at 02. It turns out the second time my phone was never sent off for unlocking. The women on the phone said my phone will be unlocked before saturday (3/11/18). 

I am not convinced this will happen. Members of 02 have refused to let me speak to managers and have given me the worst customer service in my life. I have spent hours over the last two weeks on the phone and half of them jsut don't want to deal with it. Ive paid for this phone and I am not being able to use it properly.  

It has been nearly two week and I don't understand how somone is expected to go without a sim card for that long. 

Please Help!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi again @BradleyMullen, the phone is now unlocked! Can you please try a non-O2 Sim in it, connect to WiFi and sign in with your Apple ID to finalise it all? 

Let us know how you get on smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You'll need @EmilieT to step in and help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
All car phone phones are unlocked did you get a replacement from car phone or o2 as the replacement could have been o2 or if from car phone should be unlocked maybe first thing to do is make sure your new SIM is active and once you know is working try putting it in your old phone
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sounds like an iPhone which would have locked to first SIM. The fact that it's saying unsupported SIM would confirm this and that it's locked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

BradleyMullen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
New sim is activated and yes it’s an iPhone. Replacement was from car phone but as you say must be o2 as carphone don’t unlock or lock phones.
Message 5 of 8

BradleyMullen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sim is definitely activated.
Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @BradleyMullen, I've just replied to your Private Message, I'll need a few more details first but we'll definitely get someone on our end to look into this for you slight_smile

Cheers @liggerz87 and @MI5 for helping out!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi again @BradleyMullen, the phone is now unlocked! Can you please try a non-O2 Sim in it, connect to WiFi and sign in with your Apple ID to finalise it all? 

Let us know how you get on smiling

signature

Message 8 of 8