cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Sim Registration Failed' after Nokia Suite update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

New to this so please be patient.

My phone Nokia C6-01 was working perfectly until this morning, whilst doing my weekly back-up using Nokia Suite I noticed a 'Messaging Fix' update was available, so allowed Nokia Suite to update my phone.

Now I get a message saying Sim Regestration Failed on the phone,  I cannot make/receive calls or texts and according to the Connectivity menu the 'Network is unavailable'! There is no signal strength indicator or network symbol. I cannot even call O2 customer services as this is my only phone.

Please can anyone help.

Thank you .

David.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call O2 or go on the webchat (http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus) and ask them to make sure that your sim card is activated still.

On the back of your sim card is a number beginning with 894411006 - you can give this to them to make sure.

If it is activated without any bars then you may need to go down the road of your phone being faulty.

Silly question - but you have turned it off and back on since updating the software yeah?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call O2 or go on the webchat (http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus) and ask them to make sure that your sim card is activated still.

On the back of your sim card is a number beginning with 894411006 - you can give this to them to make sure.

If it is activated without any bars then you may need to go down the road of your phone being faulty.

Silly question - but you have turned it off and back on since updating the software yeah?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Opium,

Thanks for the reply!

Have done all that you suggested and even tried the sim in another phone (same problem!)

02 Customer Services say update could have corrupted sim and are sending out a new one.

Thanks for your advice, will have to wait a couple of days for new sim card to arrive as I cannot get to a O2 store.

Once again thanks.

Curlydave.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that link you left to see if my new Sim card is registered, but got an error message. 

I haven't been able to use my phone for weeks due to the No Service message, as well as "Sim card failed to register". I got a new Sim card sent to me this morning, and got service for a few minutes, then it went off again. I'm so fed up with this, please help!

Message 4 of 4