cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen flicker on bold 9900

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bold 9900 its 22 months old and on a 24mnth contract,latest os version.It has developed a screen fllicker.

When you first switch on half the screen is like an old pc loading screen where you can see home page but it flickers.By resetting and leaving a few mins this rectifies itself.

It also happens intermitantly throughout the day.

Any ideas on a solution or is it only due to go on the scraap heap?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that mate.

Rather than repair think i'll just suck up and hang on a month as due upgrade as of 27/8 or may rapid it for the charge as would only be like £40.

What phone to get is the question push email and gps are a must.

z10/q10 or move away from bb as had a bb for about 11 years!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a bold 9900 its 22 months old and on a 24mnth contract,latest os version.It has developed a screen fllicker.

When you first switch on half the screen is like an old pc loading screen where you can see home page but it flickers.By resetting and leaving a few mins this rectifies itself.

It also happens intermitantly throughout the day.

Any ideas on a solution or is it only due to go on the scraap heap?

Hi,

Most likely a case of spending money on it though Blackberries Repair Process or It may be time to let it go to Blackberry heaven.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that mate.

Rather than repair think i'll just suck up and hang on a month as due upgrade as of 27/8 or may rapid it for the charge as would only be like £40.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for that mate.

I think trying to hold out is probably the best idea, sounds like the screen is dying! Which is strange though because I drowned my 9900 and its still going Smiley Very Happy

As for your next phone...give the Z10 and the Q10 a trial. I always said I needed phyical buttons but decided I was going to give the Z10 a try...and I now wouldnt look back! The keyboard on it is amazing and the screen makes full use of the BB10 OS. I've not used a Q10 yet but I dont know how easy the screen gestures will be on it.

Just remember that the new phones are different from the legacy BBOS devices, for one there is no BIS any more, sadly!

Message 4 of 4