cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Gear S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I've been given a Galaxy Gear S smartwatch. It has its own sim card slot so can be used as a phone. I know it can also be connected via bluetooth to my phone. If I wanted to be able to use the watch independently when its not convenient to carry my phone would I have to swap sim from phone to watch or is there another way of doing this?Don't know

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
There's a remote forwarding setting in the gear s.
Go to settings, calls, then auto call forwarding.
In that setting you enter you GEAR phone number and when set the gear will then write a call forwarding setting to your phone.
When the phone and gear are now separated, all calls to your phone will divert to the gear.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, to have the same number, or use a payg sim card in it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've read somewhere about being able to do 'call forwarding' to the watch but don't understand it to be honest.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You just forward calls to the sim in the watch which will receive calls on your usual number, but if you dial out it will be from the number on the sim.
You can also forward texts if you use an app, but you would need to leave your phone on for this to work.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
There's a remote forwarding setting in the gear s.
Go to settings, calls, then auto call forwarding.
In that setting you enter you GEAR phone number and when set the gear will then write a call forwarding setting to your phone.
When the phone and gear are now separated, all calls to your phone will divert to the gear.
Message 5 of 5