cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Friday morning I turned my phone on but noticed the screen was not displaying properly and there was a crack on the screen.  

I contacted 02 customer services explaining circumstances and in no way had I damaged it myself (took photos for evidence proving no physical evidence of damage to phone) and arranged for phone to be sent to repair centre. I was also told that the phone had a twelve month warranty in which I purchased handset in April 2015.

I had to pay for tracked service as 02 free delivery postage not tracked so wanted to ensure it arrived safely.

Anyway got an e-mail today from  o2 mycare telling me that unfortunately the handset is deemed out of warranty due to CRACKED LCD SCREEN ? And that it would cost me £85.99 for a full repair.

There was no proof or explanation of any sort what caused it but I am aware that there have been issues regarding this make and model regarding problems with the screen.

I today contacted customer services asking for details and what evidence they have to back-up their findings but none could be given and spent nearly an hour trying to explain that if I had damaged it myself, I would have not wasted my time sending it back and taken it somewhere local for repair as I have no insurance.

I then got passed to Samsung who said that they could not help me as o2 repair centre have my mobile handset.

I feel pretty upset with the customer services provided and wanted to know if the matter could be taken further or what Consumer rights I have to avoid the additional expense ? Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with this type of phone and what was the outcome ?

A very un-happy customer. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received a reply from o2 regarding my SOGA letter.

They have now offered either a refurbished phone or a goodwill credit towards the repair.

Should I just accept one of the above or press for full payment of costs ?

Message 31 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Personally I would be going for full payment or a new replacement. Reconditioned may be ok if you are prepared to accept it but I wouldn't be happy with O2 repairing it. If they pay for a Samsung repair then that's acceptable.

Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for your response.

I will respond accordingly and will keep you posted.

Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further response received, still only offering gesture of goodwill payment towards repair or a refurbishment phone.

State that it was user damage rather than manufacturing fault and not covered under warranty, even though I quoted SOGA ?

Message 34 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ask them for details of the user damage and emphasise that in order to be bent enough to damage the panel alone, the chassis of the phone MUST be also bent as per the laws of physics.
Message 35 of 35