cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not allowed

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last 3 days I have had a message at the toop of my Blackberry saying 'SIM not allowed'. What does this mean and why am I not recieving any messages, texts or calls? Does anyone know how I change it?

Fiona

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I used to get this message occasionally on my Blackberry Curve 9300 especially if I was on a tube train and my signal was dropping frequently due to being in a tunnel. Turning the handset off and on cured it for me. If you have already done that and it's not worked then it is most probably a sim problem.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Have you tried the obvious:

1) restart the phone?

2) take the sim out and clean it thus reseating it.

3) tried the sim in another phone.

If none of that works, have you paid the bill or have enough credit if its PAYG? Again, if you have given notice to terminate the contract it may be that or in the case of PAYG, you haven't made a chargeable call in the last 6 months so its expired.

Else give CS a call to get a replacement sim sent to you. 

Message 2 of 7

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I used to get this message occasionally on my Blackberry Curve 9300 especially if I was on a tube train and my signal was dropping frequently due to being in a tunnel. Turning the handset off and on cured it for me. If you have already done that and it's not worked then it is most probably a sim problem.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been roaming in Dubai for months and last week got the Sim Not Allowed signal on my blackberry.  Tried all the usual restarts, remove and clean the sim etc. but still no result.  Even allowed the phone to run completely flat.  I'm not back to the UK until late August, would appreciate some advice.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Honestly can't understand why that would happen suddenly now... unless

1) The sim itself has developed a problem

2) You have 'roamed' into an area of Dubai with signal issues...

3) you haven't paid your bill

Is there anyway you could try the sim in another phone to see if it works then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use live chat to get your account checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you have already tried cleaning the SIM, and as this has happened when overseas, try the following:

Go to Networks and Connections > Mobile Networks and in Network Selection Mode select Manual, then choose a network operator.

In areas with low signal (like elevators, subways) BB can switch to another operator to preserve at least emergency calls functionality, but a different operator just denies your SIM.

You could also try changing to 2G only as the network you have connected to in Dubai may not allowa Blackberry 3G connection.

So long as your account is in credit and none of the above works, it could be that a new SIM could fix it.

Message 7 of 7