• 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@alan1yandell wrote:
Absolutly http://crackberry.com/blackberry-priv-review http://www.androidcentral.com/blackberry-priv-review

Good reading, but the top ones tagline of "BlackBerry brings something fresh and different to the Android world." Is not fully the real truth, that for the desperate blackberry brand, ...

"Android brings something fresh and different to the Blackberry world."

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

great thread guys!

I personally think this could be Blackberry's new nich. Offering a high-quality Android phone with the added physical keyboard that some people love. The price tag seems a bit premium though 

what are your thoughts so far?

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I love the look of the phone, pricier than I would have thought and I hope it can help BlackBerry to be one of the main suppliers again. Have to say that I doubt that will happen just now...

Message 5 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Nice to see BlackBerry finally arriving at the Android party - a decision they should have made instead of pursuing the BB10 operating system - globally even Tizen OS is ahead of it.

Physical keyboard will certainly pull back some of its old faithful users, but I can imagine a lot have already spent the best part of 3 years with iOS and grown accustomed to that.

I really do hope the PRIV does well but it is not enough and far too little too late to start a revolution in the industry.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would absolutely love to see this handset take off and shake the industry up a bit

Message 8 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

The Android central review gives the best reason for me to buy it:

"Where that starts to fall apart for some is when you go to type for extended periods of time. After a couple of sentences, typing on these virtual keyboards is exhausting. Whether it's doubling back every couple of words to correct the mistakes the trace keyboard made or your suggestion keyboard has corrected public to Pub for the fourth time in an email to your boss because you frequently invite your friends to come drinking, virtual keyboards still aren't great at more than a paragraph for a lot of people."

Whilst I love Evernote, its just not useable to write things down with swiping without having to correct the autocorrect. The Samsung Note S-pen wasn't that good for note taking and voice is impractical at times and just as frustrating. 

Saying that, I'll hold off for now and wait for Blackberry Blend - which looks like the ideal companion to true mobile productivity to appear before buying one and the price will drop a bit too! Will need to save up first as the price is a bit too much for my liking (as is any high end phone is).

Message 9 of 9