Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted Mode on Youtube while on mobile data

Robbby123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am trying to watch Sky News Live on YouTube but it says "This video is restricted. Please check your network administration settings".

I cant figure out how to turn restricted mode off. I found the button to turn it off on youtube but will only allow me to do so while on WiFi. When I'm signed into WiFi it's turned off. When I go to mobile data it turns on and I can't change it.

I am 27 so I'm well over 18. Is there anything I can do...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robbby123 

Check your age restriction settings in your MyO2 first Guide: O2 Age restriction 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Robbby123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have verified my age with o2 and age blocking settings are off. So that isn't what is causing the problem
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robbby123 

I wasn't convinced either but @O2Lisa is looking into this as something appears to have changed.

Not sure when she'll be back on here though so might be an idea to send her a private message. 

Click on her name and then send user a PM.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Need to call in the account advisors to check. The rota for Saturday isn't up yet rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know, I just looked to see when @O2Lisa was back in.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Danielare you able to help with this today? It's a problem which we are seeing with numerous members recently.

The Age restiction isn't the issue. @O2Lisa has been dealing with a few of these with the same problem.

Thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Robbby123 i will send you a private message, and we can have a look into the account settings, and get this sorted slight_smile

signature
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Daniel thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9