cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have given a Lumia 925 for repair, its status shows as non ber tech. Anyone know what this means?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I would provide a quick update to this. Apparently, the phone couldn't be repaired because it has been blacklisted (which doesn't make sense because I am able to use it normally for calls, texts etc) cause it has been reported as lost/stolen. Phone's been with me ever since I got the contract and I bought it at an O2 store in London but according to O2 a third party has blacklisted it..

Message 11 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

What O2 mean by that is someone has obviously reported it stolen.....

If that happens then it is blacklisted and usually IMEI blocked.

Someone else on here had a similar problem. (Though their phone was NOT bought from O2) They could make calls and text but had no data)

What I find strange is that you bought this from O2? Was it 'brand new' or refurbished?

It sounds most peculiar to me. As if someone  who you may know has reported this phone stolen.....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Or blocked in error.
You need to get O2 to investigate it.
If normal CS aren't interested in helping you push it up through complaints http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can use data too.

Brand new phone on a pay monthly contract; the contract is under my brother's name but even he was surprised about this and when he inquired from O2 they told him that a third party has blocked it 😕

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did they confirm which "third party" had blocked it and why ?

It's supposed to be only the Network that can apply an imei block.
Message 15 of 47

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I can use data too.

Brand new phone on a pay monthly contract; the contract is under my brother's name but even he was surprised about this and when he inquired from O2 they told him that a third party has blocked it 😕

Well it is really up to O2 to sort it by investigating for you. They sold you the phone...The contract is with them...and THEY tell you a 'third party blocked it'? Only they are privy to info on this third party...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, they didn't say which third party.

That's what I thought too.

When I went into my local O2 store, the lady tells me that she cannot help me and I will have to talk to O2. Wtf 😕 Pretty frustrated right now. Might as well deal directly with Microsoft.

Message 17 of 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
MS won't be interested. O2 have to sort it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2's not being helpful at all; apparently, they don't have access to the information about who did this.

Pretty frustrated here. All I want to do is get my phone repaired and not have to use headphones everytime I need to talk to someone.

Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if some form of data protection is stopping them telling you who and why ?

Imei cloning is a rarity.

Have you filled out the link provided by MI5
Message 20 of 47