Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Microsoft Account password. Can you decipher Msoft reply

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Ive reset my password to my microsoft account via my laptop.  Confirmation arrived BUT the password hasnt changed. Fortunately I can enter via image password on my laptop but not on my phone (should I need to) . - not linked

This is the repair suggestion i received from Msoft agent

''Try entering Safe Mode with network function.
To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive times: use the reset or the power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off
After you enter Safe Mode try to update your network drivers and then try to enter Normal Mode ''

Could somone expand on the reset power button (switch on/off?); SAFE MODE entry; network drivers,

and NoRMAL MODE. No doubt i could have found these in win 7 and 8 but not now.

PS does msoft have an image password via an android phone ?

Best wishes and apologies for more technical assistance 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:
Ive got a pin but that seems to have blocked out my image password . I'm a fussy individual aren't I?

Yup Rolleys LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

I tried the PIN  number. !!  I suspect It gets me thru to an old or alternative account.Ive ''lost'' all my favourites which included some fairly important career and dog homing sites. I cant get thru using an image (tho that is listed as an alernative sign ing method)   . The message tells me that the image use is old .

Excuse the questions

Can I cancel the PIN ?   or am I stuck in limbo  ? or is it best to hire a PC bod to sort this?

(and is this to do with the fact that Microsoft suggested a local account a few years ago when I had a sign in problem)

head_bandage

Message 22 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I suspect that the laptop login is separate from the microsoft account which is an on-line one. This would explain the behaviour you are describing.

Hi    his was posted a while ago 

Follow up -I can sign in on the laptop via new password or via image password. 

However I dug out an old Lynx tablet (microsoft) and it wont let me in with the laptop password !! I dont recall the old password

Any suggestions as to how to co ordinate all these items

Why are they different anyway???? Why doesnt  changing a password would go across all media.?

Ta

Message 23 of 24

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi and happy Xmas

Success in sorting out Microsoft on my PC.   I can sign in ok now with a new password.

BUT

Its not signing in to One Drive   and One Drive wont accept my new password .    When I queried this with Microsoft they wrote view my phone which has a gmail account attached...... because i thought it had to have one for the google account. 

Ah me

Message 24 of 24