cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Blackberry Bold 9700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone help me find out what would be the cause of the problems I am recently having with my Blackberry Bold 9700. The problems are as follows:

Every now and again the:

Screen goes black but red message indicator light flashes

When online, I can only get into my files by using the touch screen because the keys freeze. Once I am in a file I cannot get out of it because the back button freezes and then all the other keys fail to work.

Phone sometimes freezes when on charge, so battery does not charge properly.

Basically, the problems are with the screen & qwerty keyboard freezing.

Is there some software I have to have or is it the phone itself?

Thanks

Stee

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

First thing to try is a battery pull. Remove the battery with the phone switched on then replace it after a couple of mins. See if that cures the problem. If not, come back to us for other suggestions.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Are you sure its a 9700 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of question is that?

Obviously, I know what phone I have.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When online, I can only get into my files by using the touch screen because the keys freeze. 

The 9700 does not have a touch screen !! It was the kind of question that might have helped you get an answer to your problem.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your advice, I am going to try this now and will get back to you to let you know if it cures it or not.
Stee
Message 6 of 6