Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting poor reception and calls are being dropped

Max 2 bars which drop to nil

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have 4G turned on? if so, turn it off and you should notice a huge improvement.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Everywhere or just in some places?
What phone?
What type of contract?
Anything else that might help up to help you?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!  how long have you been having this problem?Remember that the more information we have the more the users will be able to help

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have experienced poor reception at my home for about 5 years.

I have complained- had my phone checked - changed from an i phone to a windows phone - changed settings to get only 3G( the local transmitter only does 2G)

I have been promised improvements which have not happened - even now the web site shows that I should get a reception both indoors and out.

The reception here is now worse than it was 20 years ago - not much to be said for progress !!

When I scrapped my i phone , I changed back to my old Blackberry and reception improved- I then decided to upgrade and was recommended a Nokia lumia 635 windows phone. Initially it appeared better but recently I have been getting fluctuating signals ( from nil to 3 bars)and often when I make a call thinking that I have a signal, the call is dropped.

I thought that when the Government allowed sharing of masts that things would improve but all to no avail.

I am on a contract and having been with O2 and previously cellnet since 1989 I am loath to move, but I am now so frustrated that I really cannot decide what to do

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you only get 2g you need to set phone to 2g (GSM) only.
It will help as it stops phone from searching for a non existent 3g signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Sorry but I have to ask, if you have had this problem for 5 years, why stay with o2. Genuine question.

Message 8 of 8