cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please please please give me my PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Has anyone else had trouble getting their PAC code from O2?
It's a very simple request, yet I spent over an hour on the telephone (paying several pounds) with six different people, sent a few emails to the O2 helpdesk, 'chatted' with O2 support and am now about to email a complaint.
Thanks,
An appalled customer
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86580 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 4987 Solutions
I can't believe you are having so much difficulty getting your PAC, it's normally so easy. Why are you having problems, have they given a reason for the problem?
Message 2 of 56

Bambino
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 18746 Posts
  • 914 Topics
  • 2316 Solutions
Hello,
Has anyone else had trouble getting their PAC code from O2?
It's a very simple request, yet I spent over an hour on the telephone (paying several pounds) with six different people, sent a few emails to the O2 helpdesk, 'chatted' with O2 support and am now about to email a complaint.
Thanks,
An appalled customer

Why did you pay anything to call O2? You can call Customer Services by dialing 202 from your phone, which is a free call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
..and if its pay and go it costs 25p a call no matter how long the call takes.
Message 4 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
... and you request your PAC through the O2 website - takes 30 seconds and costs nothing.
Message 5 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, can anyone advise if they have had this same problem with PAc codes?
A couple of weeks ago I called to end my contract after the 24 month period.
I was given a date of 19/06/2011 for disconection which was fine.
I then requested my PAC code (in the same phone conversation). I was told that as the PAC code was only valid for 30 days I should call back in a week or two. This was to save me having an overlap on my new contract whereby i would have two active sims at the same time. I was advised that if I took my code now I would have to set up my new account within 30 days which would mean an over lap in services. Very good advice I though.
Today I called O2 and was told they could not give me a PAC becasue I had already called my contract. I explained that I was told to call back for PAC code for above reasons and was again told there is nothing you can do about it. I then advised the customer services chap (Wayne) that I would call back and complain about this. I was then told I would not bother as it will just come through to this department.
I am moving to a rolling monthly sim to give me an a few extra pounds a month to put towards the new Iphone 5 when it arrives. My plan being to go back to O2 on contract when the phone comes out.
Unless O2 find a way to get me my PAC code or a way to transfer my number I will never use O2 again. I will also post a copy of this on as many boards and Forums as possible to warn others of the very poor service at O2.
It felt like two fingers up to me saying well thats what you get for leaving.
any help or advice appreciated.
regards Russ
Message 6 of 56

Bambino
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 18746 Posts
  • 914 Topics
  • 2316 Solutions
Hi All, can anyone advise if they have had this same problem with PAc codes?
A couple of weeks ago I called to end my contract after the 24 month period.
I was given a date of 19/06/2011 for disconection which was fine.
I then requested my PAC code (in the same phone conversation). I was told that as the PAC code was only valid for 30 days I should call back in a week or two. This was to save me having an overlap on my new contract whereby i would have two active sims at the same time. I was advised that if I took my code now I would have to set up my new account within 30 days which would mean an over lap in services. Very good advice I though.
Today I called O2 and was told they could not give me a PAC becasue I had already called my contract. I explained that I was told to call back for PAC code for above reasons and was again told there is nothing you can do about it. I then advised the customer services chap (Wayne) that I would call back and complain about this. I was then told I would not bother as it will just come through to this department.
I am moving to a rolling monthly sim to give me an a few extra pounds a month to put towards the new Iphone 5 when it arrives. My plan being to go back to O2 on contract when the phone comes out.
Unless O2 find a way to get me my PAC code or a way to transfer my number I will never use O2 again. I will also post a copy of this on as many boards and Forums as possible to warn others of the very poor service at O2.
It felt like two fingers up to me saying well thats what you get for leaving.
any help or advice appreciated.
regards Russ

All sounds a bit confusing to me. If you're staying with O2 but just changing to a monthly contract you wouldn't need a PAC. You would only need that if you were changing networks and wanted to keep your number. You should just be able to carry on using the same SIM. It's just your contract that's changed, not your network provider. I think you need to call CS again and clarify this with them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 can generate your PAC code anytime as long as the service is active, so Wayne is incorrect.
However, if you're due to terminate on 19/06 make sure the number transfer happens before this date, by 18/06 to be safe. Because as soon as your service becomes inactive you won't be able to port the number out. If you're definitely going to use the PAC code you can even revoke the cancellation request to give you more time because porting out cancels your account down anyway slight_smile
Message 8 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've, so far, spent more than 1hr 20 mins on hold waiting to ask for a PAC but am yet to reach a human. BTW, according to Ofcom O2 must give a PAC over the phone immediately, or by text within an hour.
Message 9 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is no longer an option sadly.
Message 10 of 56