cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST UPDATED: Cannot Update Nokia Lumia 1020

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a notification saying that my phone needed to be updated but the update failed and gave me an error code of 8018830f. After google'ing I found that the OS it wants to install is Denim 8.10.14226.359 I found that I had to download Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

I did so and it found my phone but got stuck at "reading phone info" screen, I then located Lumia Software Recovery Tool and that has now installed Lumia Cyan but in both tools it shows the following.

What the hell is going on?

ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED - IGNORE THE BAR BELOW THAT SUGGESTS IT IS

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I have just edited my post....

....in reply to yours I have 54.70GB free on my device.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous

How much free memory have you got?

Edit: Does this apply to you?

If your phone was enrolled in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program but was reset or otherwise removed from the program, the Lumia Denim update will not be available, or reports an error 8018830f. To recover this, first check your phone for any of the updates for the Developer Preview and then install the Lumia Denim update.

You may also use the Software Recovery Tool to return your phone to the latest approved version of the software. You can download the tool at www.microsoft.com/mobile/support/recovery-tool.

Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I have just edited my post....

....in reply to yours I have 54.70GB free on my device.

Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I wasn't in that program but used the tool as thats what the code was.
Message 4 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Memory isn't the issue then. Hate to suggest it but maybe a back up and factory reset?

Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Done that as that what that tool does, it wipes off any OS and reinstalls what it believes is the latest, which makes no sense as Denim is the latest and it has installed CYAN.
Message 6 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Done that as that what that tool does, it wipes off any OS and reinstalls what it believes is the latest, which makes no sense as Denim is the latest and it has installed CYAN.

Ah ok. I would suggest asking the question of  Microsoft support on their website then. 

Message 7 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah ok. I would suggest asking the question of  Microsoft support on their website then. 

Do you happen to have a link for the correct page?

Message 8 of 34

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just going trough their forum and nothing....lot's of ppl with error 8018830f  but all managed to remove the old version and download the new one.. I'm thinking your phone may need to  visit Nokia/Microsoft ... But fingers crossed Microsoft  support have other solutions!

Message 10 of 34