cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook is it necessary

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my Lumia 735 but don't use it to it's capabilities. As a result I don't use Outlook or at least I don't think so. I only message using SMS and Whatsapp.

Am I using it anywhere without realising it and can I delete/uninstall it as I get rather confused in the messaging I sometimes get about Outlook needing to............

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, just untick the email sync to disable it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Settings >email + accounts.
If you have an Outlook account active it will be shown there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have "Account Name" Outlook

Content to sunc Email ticked and my username and home email address underneath.

Yet I have never had any emails on it as I assume you have to configure your ISP to forward.

I do not want to receive any emails on the phone and wouldn't need Outlook unless you tell me that I need it for other reasons.

I'm assuming that I cannot uninstall it as it is part of the OS. If I untick my email address would that disable Outlook and would that stop giving me notifications when Data is switched on.

Message 3 of 7

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Your Microsoft account email is usually synced to Outlook, however because it is part of the OS (like Mail is on iPhone) you are not able to uninstall the application
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I appreciate that but is it necessary. If not can I disable / delete / untick the MS email account to stop the notifications.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, just untick the email sync to disable it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all.

Message 7 of 7