cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off reach - How do I know that people are trying to call me ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm unlucky to live to in spot with very weak signal. 

Very often people are calling me and there is no track of any kind of that activity. 

What shall I do ? I had phone with other provider and every time someone tried to reach me I got txt with that info + number. 

Please could you advice how to be in touch in the world again ? 

my phone : BB9900

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Dial 1710 which changes voicemail to text alert. 1750 will turn on voicemail and cancel the text service if you want to revert back. Not sure why you aren't getting alerts now though. I receive a text if I miss a call. What sort of alert does the caller get when they can't get through to you? Does it go to voicemail or do they just get number not available?

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

See if yur masts are ok by going here :

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Try removing your Sim Card and wiping it down to remove static build up.

Another option is to replace your current Sim Card by picking up a blank Sim Card from your local 02 shop, or ask for one to be posted to you.

Then carry out the SwapMySim procedure.

I have included the link to do this.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Take into account it takes from approx 2 hours to 24 hours to fully activate, and by turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps to reset your services.

If your not in contract or on payg then you could ask for a PAC Code and move to a Network with stronger signals.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, ill try it.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope all goes well for you.

slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you are in a general poor signal area you may benefit from installing TuGo on your laptop or desktop if it's running Windows 7.

http://www.o2.co.uk/tugo/want-it

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thx, 

but we have Imac and Ipad here. 

BTW my question was more abut how to get notice when people are calling me when my/Im out of reception. 

Any hints ? 

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Dial 1710 which changes voicemail to text alert. 1750 will turn on voicemail and cancel the text service if you want to revert back. Not sure why you aren't getting alerts now though. I receive a text if I miss a call. What sort of alert does the caller get when they can't get through to you? Does it go to voicemail or do they just get number not available?

Message 7 of 7