Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi and BT Openzone.

MKA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had an email from O2 UK saying that from 1 July we will no longer have access to BT Openzone Hotspots and instead we will be connected to O2 Wifi Hotspots. Apparently there is an app to do this for iPhone and Android, but not for BlackBerry 10 which is my device. Does anyone know what will happen if they have not brought out a BlackBerry 10 app by that date? Will I no longer have access to any BT Openzone or O2 Wifi Hotspots?
Not happy!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi MKA.

O2 WiFi zones are just standard "hotspots". Meaning all you need to do is search for any available WiFi networks and press connect on "O2 WiFi". Once done open your browser and it will prompt you to set up your profile.

Once done the O2 WiFi network will remember you and all you have to do is open your browser whenever you find you are connected to one.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think you need an app I think you just put in your mobile number when in an o2 wifi area

Message 2 of 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi MKA.

O2 WiFi zones are just standard "hotspots". Meaning all you need to do is search for any available WiFi networks and press connect on "O2 WiFi". Once done open your browser and it will prompt you to set up your profile.

Once done the O2 WiFi network will remember you and all you have to do is open your browser whenever you find you are connected to one.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 4

MKA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks version7point0,
I got the impression that the app O2 has made available for iPhone and Android would obviate the need to keep setting up your profile every time you found a Hotspot. But if the BB 10 will remember my profile after the initial setup, then great, no app needed!
Thanks, very helpful. I'll give it a try.
Message 4 of 4