Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Broadband Wireless Router Problems

I was trying to set up my O2 Broadband yesterday, everything went fine until it tried to set up the wireless connection, Modem settings went fine, Wireless adapter settings went fine but when it tries to connect it fails. Can anyone help me with this please, I previously had Virgin Media Broadband and I never has any problems connecting with that so I don't believe it is a problem with my lap top.
Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 Broadband Wireless Router Problems

i had the same prob when i set mine up u have to hold in the reset switch at the back it looks like a little hole put a pen or pencil in it and hold it till the power lite goes red then release that should do it( dun press too hard ). problem now tho with mine is im having to do it every few hrs since last week it just drops the connection and then have to do the above again. sent them an email got no reply and then tried calling today and was in a queue for over 7 minutes which i think is awful i work in a customer service center myself and 7 minutes is bad our average is less than 2 mins.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: O2 Broadband Wireless Router Problems - DO THIS!!!!

I was trying to set up my O2 Broadband yesterday, everything went fine until it tried to set up the wireless connection, Modem settings went fine, Wireless adapter settings went fine but when it tries to connect it fails. Can anyone help me with this please, I previously had Virgin Media Broadband and I never has any problems connecting with that so I don't believe it is a problem with my lap top.

As an extra security measure/irritation (depending on viewpoint) when you first try to connect a device you need to hold the button on the front on the wireless router for a couple of seconds. This puts the router in a registration mode which allows devices with the correct WEP/WPA key to register with the router. So press the button for a couple of seconds, then try to connect. You only need to do this the first time a particular device is used, it will connect automatically in future. It theoretically stops people you don't want to connect to your router from connecting, even if they guess your WEP/WPA key.
Highlighted
Anonymous

connection problem

I'm having a few problems too - I have two computers, one desktop, one laptop. I started running the o2 CD in the desktop, but it was getting part way through and could not find the router. I then ignored the CD, and just connected normally to wireless using my laptop.

I still can't get the desktop to work, despite having had it on a different o2 connection for the last year. It does not work with either an ethernet cable OR wireless - any tips? The laptop works fine, although I'm with o2 access and feel badly missold as they've clearly oversold and got a lot of congestion on the network, so my speed is a tenth of the maximum they said I would get - barely 350kbps. I won't be renewing my contract!!

Ridiculously my exchange HAS been unbundled (LLU), its just o2 haven't bothered to get in there.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: O2 Broadband Wireless Router Problems

You'll find more help if you post in the Broadband forum, this is Mobile Phones.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1