cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 App for Windows Phone 8?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, new user. I've just got a Nokia 820 on O2. The O2 phone app looks like a great way to manage my account, but it only appears to be available on iOS and Android. Are there any plans to make it available to Windows Phone 8 users? Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that may have been the case, but I reckon windows has put off a lot of customers. Nokia had a couple of years in limbo waiting for windows 8 whilst no one bought the win 7 models. Added to this Google is starting to build an apple like ecosystem ( Google play music for example) people may be reluctant to change. I may be proved completely wrong of course!!
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following post regarding a My O2 app for Windows Phone maybe of interest to those in this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/My-O2-Live-Tiles-App-for-Windows-Phone-E...

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been beta testing the app, badly named "My O2 Live Tiles".  It works for what it is, it's very straightforward and basic but has the foundation for what O2 should have done from day 1 back in 2010. 

It supplies contract data i.e. current allowances and balances and allows you to pin those stats as Live Tiles.  It could be improved quite a bit, I'm due to give my feedback. 

I would encourage as many as possible to sign up for the beta and shape how this could become a real WP app since the current WP O2 app is terrible and just a wrapper of URLs. 

Message 13 of 13