cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 App for Windows Phone 8?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, new user. I've just got a Nokia 820 on O2. The O2 phone app looks like a great way to manage my account, but it only appears to be available on iOS and Android. Are there any plans to make it available to Windows Phone 8 users? Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I believe they are working on it, but you can use the O2 mobile site or send a blank text to 21202 until it's ready.

You can also use MyO2 as well.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I believe they are working on it, but you can use the O2 mobile site or send a blank text to 21202 until it's ready.

You can also use MyO2 as well.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Perksie. It will be good to see WP8 getting some love 🙂

Message 3 of 13

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ill be joining wp8 soonish so ill jump on the campaign slight_smile
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but how are you finding WP8?

I'm about to renewal, and am desperately hoping that there is some news very soon on the release of the Nokia Lumia 920 on O2 now that EE's exclusivity is finishing today.

Also, how do you find the 820? is it powerful enough to go up against the iphone 5?
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find my 820 a very good phone. Obvious advantages to the 920 are the camera and screen quality, but otherwise its performance won't be hugely different.

Only concerns are with Windows Phone 8 itself. There are some missing profiles in the Bluetooth, which means it doesn't work correctly with all In-Car handsfree kits, such as some not being given the contacts list, and the In-Car system not able to control audio playback via Bluetooth.

As for the phone, very good item. And the Nokia Maps software currently beats my 2 year old TomTom hands down for navigation.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is O2 going to produce an app which is similar to iphone and android?

The O2 app for windows phone 8 is not as good as the ones on iphone or android, so a proper app would be nice.

Can O2 please let us know if it will be made and when?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doubt it ever will to be honest
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I so wish Nokia had gone with android. I would buy one straight away as I love the hardware but not windows, so for now a definite no. If they had done I reckon they would be challenging Samsung's huge sales. Big shame.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I so wish Nokia had gone with android. I would buy one straight away as I love the hardware but not windows, so for now a definite no. If they had done I reckon they would be challenging Samsung's huge sales. Big shame.

I disagree, had Nokia gone with Android they would have been a small fish in a very very big pond!!!!

Message 10 of 13