cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls/texts even with some signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I didn't have this issue until the beginning of this year where my boyfriend gave me his 2 months old Blackberry as he upgraded to an iPhone. We both had BB's and used BBM to talk, however now we can't use that feature. I used to rely on wifi to give fast replies/sends etc. Due to having to use text now, a lot of issues around disappearing texts and calls have risen up. Sometimes he doesn't get my texts and I don't get his texts or there is a large delay even though I have at least one bar of signal although it may come and go. I live in a rural location and I'm unable to get 3G but I get 2G fine and the network coverage has no issues when checking on the postcode signal check thing. I also don't receive all calls, even though my boyfriends calls ring out. I'm also aware that this happens with other people that text me, but communication with my boyfriend is the most important thing. I don't understand how calls to ring out but I don't get the call? Also don't understand why I have disappearing texts from both ends. 

Any advice? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly txts and MMS going missing are a comon thing and something Ive learnt happens wether you like it or not.

I'm going back about 8 years when I first noticed it, particluarly when sending to or recieveing from Orange users but since then Ive seen it happen between O2 customers. Ive also suffered the missed call problem for years where my phone wouldnt ring but the caller would ring out and be passed to voicemail.

Its a network issue rather than a phone issue, and because its intermittant I've never bothered to complain about it.

Buit as for communications between you are your boyfriend who "downgraded" wink to an iPhone...you can use WhatsApp to send messages over WiFi/Data. And incase you didnt know, BBM is coming to iPhone and Android later this year so that should at least solve most of your problems as BBM has Voice and Video chat too!

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly txts and MMS going missing are a comon thing and something Ive learnt happens wether you like it or not.

I'm going back about 8 years when I first noticed it, particluarly when sending to or recieveing from Orange users but since then Ive seen it happen between O2 customers. Ive also suffered the missed call problem for years where my phone wouldnt ring but the caller would ring out and be passed to voicemail.

Its a network issue rather than a phone issue, and because its intermittant I've never bothered to complain about it.

Buit as for communications between you are your boyfriend who "downgraded" wink to an iPhone...you can use WhatsApp to send messages over WiFi/Data. And incase you didnt know, BBM is coming to iPhone and Android later this year so that should at least solve most of your problems as BBM has Voice and Video chat too!

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah so there's no quick fix? Whatsapp doesn't always work for me, sometimes messages just won't send yet after a few more messages my new messages will send but ones before don't. It's last online times as rubbish as well and half time say I was last on it at something stupid at 3am. Not to mention is slightly laggy in response times to things like adding emoticons, or opening a conversation + drains my battery SUPER fast if I use it a lot to talk. Yeah I'm happy about it getting put on andriod and iPhone, can't wait - will be a fix to this issue for sure. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

If its happening alot then its worth maybe giving O2 a call, but because I only have a txt going missing maybe once a month, and dont know how many calls I'm missing I've just accepted it!

Out of interest, which BlackBerry do you have? And is your boyfriend on O2 as well?

Message 4 of 6

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah so there's no quick fix? Whatsapp doesn't always work for me, sometimes messages just won't send ...

WhatsApp does depend on there being a data connection so if you are only getting a 2G signal unless you see GPRS or E there is no data connection. Things may improve with the roll out of 4G as the 3G coverage is due to be extended at the same time.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...I used to rely on wifi to give fast replies/sends etc. Due to having to use text now, a lot of issues around disappearing texts and calls have risen up. 

I dont think WhatsApp on a poor 2G signal will be a major problem if she is used to looking for a WiFi connection wherever possible slight_smile

Message 6 of 6