cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia lumia 1020

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one know when ots going to be released as I can upgrade next month should I wait for the 1020 or just go with the 925
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My rule of thumb is.....

If one always waited for whats new out around the corner, then one wouldnt actually make a purchase at all !

wink

Message 2 of 12

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

It should launch in the UK this September.

Personally I would wait, it will be worth it for the camera alone!

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

but really need a new phone my speaker has gone in my note 1 and nobody can hear me is the 925 any good or is the 1020 amazing and worth the wait

Message 4 of 12

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

The Lumia 925 is good, photo quality is good, especially in low light, the only down size is the apps for Windows Phone (which will get addressed.... eventually), the rather average battery life (you will get through a full day with average use) and the memory being only 16GB

I would recommend waiting for the 1020, which should hopefully be around September time

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I would wait to see what Sony bring in the form of the Xperia Honami. Some of the specs alone are amazing and the camera will blow any current Android/iPhone device out the water and be very good compitition for the 1020 as it is going be more that just a camera centric device. Sony will unvail the Xperia Honami (its codename) on the 4th of September at the IFA tech fest in Berlin.

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
But iv been told that the sony phone the screen stops working a design fault well that's what iv been told anyways
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had many Sony/Sony Ericsson handsets and not once have I had that issue. chances are it is a roumor that started on the internet and people just believe the forums. If you are open to what handset you want I would wait till Sony announce the Honami and then you can make your mind up from that. One thing I will say the Honami will have over the 1020 is it will be much more futureproof due to the fact it hasSmiley LOL the latest tech rather than tech a year old or so by the the time it releases something you may wish to consider if you are planning on signing up to a 24m contract.

Message 8 of 12

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

As an update; it is now on the coming soon page.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I take exception with your 'future proof' comment regarding the xperia honami vs the lumia 1020.  The spec war is really misunderstood when it comes to comparing WP8 and Android...Android is a powerful but resource-hungry OS which works best with the latest and and most powerful chips, whereas WP8 has been designed to be a more resource-friendly OS and doesn't need to big spec values of Android to provide an smooth experience.

Before you say anything, I'm not dissing the Honami, I'm just pointing out that your arguement is one of the most wrongly-used when comparing Android and WP8 that it gets really tiresome re-reading it all the time.
Truth of the matter when it comes to Andoid is that more cores and more RAM is better, but your experience will only be as good as how well the Android skin the OEM has put on the device is coded.

Message 10 of 12